Jul 8, 2011

Five Days, Two Maps, 84 Miles

We are in Saranac Lake. I've just finished writing those first two entries and my computer time at the library is about to expire. We could have made it here in four days, but Lower Saranac Lake was just too nice not to linger on. So, we stayed. In a 6 star campsite. Got up at dawn and arrived here in Saranac Lake around 9:30 am and met two of the NFCT staff working on the Kiosk. Found our B & B and our car at St. Regis Outfitters. Heading out to scout the next leg, the Saranac River, after I sign off. Will decide where to have our car shuttled next. Got a few good-sounding suggestions for dinner in Lake Placid tonight. It's rather nice to be able to see more of this part of the country while we can.

Because it's taking me a while to "report," I may not be posting as many details until later. In the meantime, all is well. We are paddling and portaging successfully and still love each other. I'm looking forward to the next section and all the "legs" that are to follow.

The phone is working occasionally. I was able to get onto Facebook yesterday from the lake. May still be able to make more frequent posts that way.

Happy!